Instability training is a fun way to bond with your dog, teach them a new behavior and strengthen the core ~ which is the powerhouse of your dog’s body. Fun fitness training with the K9FITbone™ is also a great way to reduce stress, burn excess calories, and it’s a healthy “job” for your dog.
Learn how you can exercise your dog using everything included with the video links below:
FULL BODY CONDITIONING
- Core and Limb Strength
- Improve Coordination
- Better Joint Health
- Create a Stronger Bond
- Reduce Behavior Challenges
- Senior Strengthening
- Puppy Confidence Building
- Great for All Dogs
The Patented K9FITbone™ DOG BALANCE BONE:
• *approx. size 23”x10” Balance Platform (pump included)
• Superior Gripping – Made For Dogs
• Sensory Bumps Provide Neural Stimulation
Detailed Exercise Guidelines for Targeted Balance and Strength Training
Integrate instability training to develop strength, endurance, proprioception, balance and flexibility with the K9FITbone™ or the new Giant K9FITbone (coming in July) . The new balance disc shaped like a bone provides fun and a greater sense of dog aesthetics. It is a well–rounded tool that packs a big punch.
- Use a treat to encourage the dog to put its back feet on the K9FITbone or the Giant K9FITbone. Once the feet are up, name the behavior “Back up” This will become a command, like “Sit” or “Down.”
- Practice holding the position for recommended duration.
- Encourage with voice and treats to make the exercise fun.
- Release the dog from the position by saying “OK” or “All done” in a mild tone of voice. Save the praise and excitement for when the dog is doing the behavior.
You may walk the dog over the K9FITbone to place back feet. As your dog becomes more skilled, back the dog onto the K9FITbone for positioning. Hind limb awareness is a challenge for some dogs so you may need to lift the back legs to start to show positioning. Reward placement.
This is a great exercise for dogs who are “wiggly” and have a difficult time learning a Sit Stay command. Having to think about keeping their feet up on a K9FITbone helps them to concentrate more. Because the K9FITbone is raised up from the floor, the dog also understands more clearly when they break the stay because they experience a level change.